Aside from all the factors being considered before purchasing a vacuum cleaner, brands, also, play a vital role in choosing what type of vacuum cleaner to buy and use. People tend to buy technologies under their trusted band because they’re sure of its quality performance – regardless of the price. Brands are not just labels. Brands, somehow, tell you an insight of the kind of performance and quality a particular technology has.
Shark and Dyson are one of the two most trusted brands when it comes to vacuum cleaners.
Both brand labels produced high-quality vacuum cleaners that people are patronizing all across the globe.
These vacuum cleaners have, indeed, imposed a great help to each household in maintaining a clean and healthy environment. It reduced cleaning time into a much shorter process, giving everyone more time for leisure and fun. Among many brands, Shark and Dyson have been the most influential vacuum cleaners there is in the market.
Both Shark and Dyson vacuums can be used interchangeably for either carpeted or non-carpeted floors. vacuum bags of both brands are clear, plastic dust containers that only needs to be emptied once it’s filled with dust and other particles. They also have special features which makes the cleaner more versatile than any other cleaner. Aside from the features, both companies brag that their cleaners never lose suction and won’t clog resulting to a much better cleaning performance. However, Dyson vacuum cleaners are relatively more expensive than Shark vacuums. With all these, the debate over which brand is truly better than the other has started.
Which is better?
If you look at it, these two brands have similarities especially in their vacuum cleaners. Both brands commendable and have seemingly endless positive reviews painting an overall picture that these two brands are, indeed, excellent choices. These brands are usually competing against each other for their market share.
However, the debate over which brand produces high quality cleaners more and performs better has been prolonging the cleaner market for quite a long time. Of course, there are certain factors to consider in identifying which brand is more credible such as: (a) high quality performance, (b) battery life, (c) cleaning technology, and (d) price.
These two brands definitely have slight edges over the other. These brands have certain specialization that they have already mastered throughout the years. Their specialties may help us finally come up with a conclusion on which brand is definitely better. Here are a few:
- Dyson is best for cleaning up pet hair- Many pet owners prefer Dyson cleaners in cleaning up pet hair – and that is Dyson’s edge over Shark. Dyson has a specific line of vacuums dedicated to help pet owners clean up their pet’s hair may it be on tight places like the carpet of merely on floor. The “animal” line works exceptionally well as it can remove thin and thick pet hair anywhere in your house.
- Shark is an ideal lightweight vacuum worth the money- Weight plays a big role in cleaning. If a particular vacuum cleaner is heavy, there will be tendencies that the house will not be spotless clean due to its difficulty in maneuvering. Where weight is definitely a factor, Shark winds hands down. Lightweight vacuums are ideal for cleaning hard-to-reach places and perfect for large homes with several levels. Relatively lighter than Dyson, Shark can clean wider range and higher places that any Dyson vacuum cleaner could clean.
- Dyson is innovative and has unique designs- This is the department that sets Dyson apart from Shark products. Those unique designs and features are not just made to be pleasing to the eyes, Dyson’s one-of-a-kind features have great purposes that improve its cleaning performance (i.e. rotating balls, adds to increased suction capability and easy turning capability especially in tight spaces). Also, Dyson is very resistant as it can be used regularly for how many years without the need of repairing it frequently. If in case it’s broken, lucky you, Dyson has a 5-year warranty.
- Sharks stack up well- Sharks are like Hyundai of vacuums. They may not have the ultimate product there is in the market, Sharks work exceptionally worthy of the price. Also, like Dyson, there is a good warranty on their products if ever something miserable happens with the machine. Though there were negative feedbacks, they were clearly outnumbered by those who are satisfied with the kind of service Sharks give to its users.
Dyson vs Shark: The Products
As aforementioned (and as we talk about it on our homepage), these two brands have produced high-quality vacuums – upright and handheld – that are a huge help in keeping your house spotless clean. The vacuum cleaners perform exceptionally well and can be considered the best of its types. These vacuums may have different features but they are unified by one function: to keep the house free from any type of dirt and dusts.
Here are some of the best and commendable vacuum cleaners brands Shark and Dyson have produced.
- Dyson DC41 Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Tangle-free Turbine Tool- This cleaner is ideal for removing pet-hair in any surface of your house. It has special features and accessories were designed to help clean difficult to remove pet hair.
- Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi floor cordless vacuum cleaner- With this, worry no more about the location. Being cordless, no cords that must be plugged will be limiting you to clean hard-to-reach places and no wires will be tangled up that may prevent clumsy folks from tripping over. Dyson DC35 is ideal for cleaning around the house, car, motor home, etc…
- Dyson DC33 Multi-Floor Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner- Cleans carpets and floors better than Hoover. It, also, has special features that were attached to improve the quality of cleaning DC33 has (i.e long telescopic handle, handle on top, simple one button push).
- Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional Upright (NV356E)- Traps 99.99% of dust and other allergens inside the canister with its cyclonic power technology. Easy to maneuver around your house avoiding objects resulting to a thorough clean surface than ever before. Also, special features are available that will improve the quality of Shark’s cleaning (i.e a hard floor attachment with a pad for picking up dust on the wood or tile floors, dusting brush nozzle ideal for shelves and hard to reach places, two hard to reach crevice tool attachments, and a brush designed to remove pet hair.)
- Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV302)- Has the power of an upright but the weight of a compact vacuum. This only weighs 7lbs, ideal for going upstairs or taking with you in any parts of your house.
- Shark Rotator Lift-Away Professional Upright Vacuum (NV502)- 3 in 1 (upright, liftaway, and canister) and has many of the same features as the Professional Upright Standard. Canister is for easy mobility, to allow the cleaner to easily move it to any place you’d like. Shark NV502 also has a built-in technology to make it quiet and non-disruptive to other homes.
It’s hard to choose between the two so there is no absolute winner. As apprehended, both of these brands have edges over the other making them stand out from the market. They have their own specialty of work wherein they can perform more effective and efficient. By the fact that Dyson and Shark are getting positive reviews means that both are working exceptionally well or at par with everybody’s expectations. There are flaws; of course, even the best machine created with the best materials can fail sometimes. These two brands may be a lot different from each other but they are, undoubtedly, making the lives of the consumers more comfortable. Your preference between Dyson and Shark will be depending on the kind of function you want the cleaner to use for. At the end of the day, it will still boil down to you. It’s going to be your choice.