It is vital to have an intake of at least 6 servings for fruits and veggies per day says experts, but the truth is not a lot of people are able to do that. So that’s where juicing comes in, since it’s an easy and guaranteed way to reach your required nutritional value for fruits and vegetables.
Drinking fresh juice made from fruits and veggies has a lot of health benefits. It is a great way to add vital enzymes and nutrients to your diet that is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, all without having to eat fruits and veggies that you normally wouldn’t even touch. Juices retain most of the vitamins and chemicals found in the whole version of the food so that’s why it’s a great alternative if you can’t stomach eating them by themselves.
Since you want to live a healthier lifestyle, a good juicing plan is essential. Juicing is a great way to get all the micronutrients you need from whole foods, because heat can damage this sensitive micronutrients that your body needs. Cooked and process foods can destroy micronutrients which in turn make the food a lot healthier when it was fresh. It is a great way to receive all the essential micronutrients and enzymes that your body need from whole foods.
Benefits of Juicing
1. It helps us absorb all the essential nutrients from whole and unprocessed produce. Since eating an unhealthy diet has given almost everyone (me included) impaired digestion, which limits our body’s ability to absorb nutrients from the food, which is a needy by our body. So juicing will help you in “pre-digesting” your food for you, so your body can absorb almost all the nutrition in your food instead it just going down with the toilet.
2. Juicing can help you had a more types of vegetables to your diet, since a lot of people eat the same type of fruits and veggies regularly, which isn’t ideal since regular food rotation is needed. Also, eating the same type of food can increase your chances of developing food allergies to that specific food. This more balanced diet can also result in much higher hair and skin quality, too.
3. Juicing allows you to reach your optimal vegetable intake in a very efficient manner, since it could be easily achieved with a glass of vegetable juice.
A triturating juicer (read reviews here) has a interlocking gear system, operates on a low speed at 80-160 RPM and has precision blades that has a 0.01 mm blades so it eliminates oxidation of the juices and can thoroughly release all the nutrients, enzymes and phytochemicals from the fruit and veggies. This nutrients can help prevent a multitude of diseases.
1. Only use produce that are organically grown and have no pesticides because they could be harmful for your health and kinds of contradict the healthy lifestyle you want.
2. If you are a juicing beginner you should start of with fruits and veggies that are easier to digest until you have fully acclimatized with a juicing diet that you can start adding more advanced herbs that have great benefits.
3. You should drink your juice right away since it can go bad quickly if not stored properly. To prolong the juice’s life you should immediately put it in a the fridge or put it in a glass jar with the little to no air because oxidation can damage the juice.
What Diseases Juicing can prevent
The said nutrients found in whole foods that can still be retained when juicing can be helpful in protecting you again cardiovascular diseases, caner and various inflammatory diseases.
False Claims about Juicing
It is true that juicing is healthy, but it is in no way healthier than eating whole foods. Juicing can take out fiber in whole foods. Fiber is important for our digestive system and gives a lot of health benefits. Juicing just makes consumption of food and vegetables easier. So juicing can be good for your health, but do not. I repeat, do not, go with an only juice diet because it can be bad to your health, because of the lack of other essential nutrients in your body.
According to medical studies conducted about nutritional typing, that if you are a carbohydrates type, juicing with lots of vegetables is recommended. If you are a protein type , you need to be careful and follow some juicing guidelines.
For protein types, celery, asparagus, string beans, spinach and cauliflower are the best choices, also dark leafy green veggies like collards, kale and dandelion greens are also good, but you should watch how your body reacts carefully. Protein type metabolism needs high amounts of fat in their diet, so be sure to add sources of fat in your juice like, butter, raw cream, avocado, coconut butter, raw eggs. Also, adding the pulp is also a good way to add much needed protein to your juice. The suggested serving size for protein types are no more than 6 oz.